Wednesday, December 30, 2009

There was good...there was bad...and some of it was certainly ugly.

As the number of days in 2009 dwindle into oblivion, I can't say I've ever been happier to see a year end. I hate that I am currently feeling that 2009 was such a bummer because there were a few really good things that happened along side of the bad:

1. We turned our first house into a home.
2. We celebrated our first year of marriage.
3. We realized how strong we are as individuals and as a couple.
4. We found new friends in hard times that are now good friends in better times.

I say we because it has been a year in which I felt a little lost and would not have made it without my wonderful husband by my side. Thanks Schmoopy.

As for the other love of my life...EWD is ending the year on a high note and for that I cannot be more grateful. Sales and requests continue to trickle in despite the dreaded after holiday spending regret. In the past month, my shop was visited by 2,966 visitors from 54 countries/territories, which is (needless to say) pretty damn cool.

So...while there was good, bad, and certainly ugly in 2009, I will do my best to focus on the positive as I look ahead to 2010. After all...it's a new decade.

No comments: