Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Buzz, buzz, buzz...

As ever, the holiday season took over life and I feel like I'm just getting back into the swing of things...honestly, from the week before Thanksgiving to the week after New Year's is a total wash for living a normal life! A good time was had, however, and I was busy, busy, busy with EWD orders and gifts. A busy little bee...buzz, buzz, buzz...

Anyway, now that we are entering the doldrums of winter, I will likely end up so bored that you will find nonsensical gibberish written here. Hopefully (instead) I will end up so busy with new creations and actually selling jewelry that I am happy and content...ahhh...such fleetingly wonderful emotions.

While still looking for an actual "day job", I'm spending my self-employed days pondering new designs and new directions for EWD. My new jewelry creations will be up on Etsy as soon as we get a sunny day for photographs and I'm considering designing some baby items (for others not for us). I've also still been working with felt and fibers but am not sure that those items will make it online...they take so long to make that I'm fearful of the list price I would need to make it worth my time. A few holiday and birthday gifts for the wee-ones in our lives have been very fun to make...I made this one yesterday:





In my mind her name is Kitty Sue but we'll wait until Sunday and find out what Maddy wants to name her. Kitty is made entirely out of felted wool and cashmere sweaters...oh, and a little lace on her socks. She is the first from this pattern I made and may need a little tweaking...darn thing took me almost an entire day to make, however!

That's it for today...

1 comment:

Eclectic Wendy said...

Maddy named her Chloe...